the idiot who keeps believing in luck


Honesty

Saturday, October 2, 2010

So I have unceremoniously returned to my blog after a months-long hiatus. This is the part where I should talk about how I've rekindled my passion for blogging—how I'm back for good. But that wouldn't be fair to you or me. We deserve better. Who knows how long I'll keep up the blogging this time. Let's face it, I'm a mystery. I could write another post tomorrow. Or I may wait until the wind changes.

You know, like Marry Poppins.

Only I spend less time riding in English fox hunts that take place inside of chalk drawings. In fact, I hardly ever do that.

And this truly (more or less) gets at the theme of this post.

Honesty.


This sign was posted on the service entrance of my apartment building. Wow. Check out that honesty.

I'd like to salute whoever took the time to create and display this sign. It really is such a human gesture. It's as if the sign is saying, "You know what? Life isn't perfect. Sometimes things don't work the way they're supposed to. You can try your luck, it could be your night. Or you might have to walk around the building and use the main entrance."

No empty promises. No platitudes. No half-hearted apologies.

No "Sorry for the inconvenience :) -The Mgmt"

Honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment