the idiot who keeps believing in luck


Word of the Day: Hunngrui

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I started today the best way I know how: talking to Kelsey over breakfast. We both had V8 Splash Tropical Blend, which incidentally is my new addiction.


Try it. It's like drinking the rainforest. But not in any way that would harm something endangered and cute.

I'm on a mission to reread all of the Harry Potter books, which started after I purchased the paperback boxed set over the summer. Today I finished Book 2. Unfortunately, it appears that this will interfere with my other mission to be a good grad student and read five chapters for my Monday Theories class. I think the solution has to be to find a Counseling Psychology class that focuses primarily on the works of J.K. Rowling. That'll be the new mission.

This afternoon, one of the suitemates and I decided to stay in from the rain and order Chinese (good for us, less so for the delivery guy who walked 20 blocks):

New Kam Lai
212/749-8388

It was good, not quite spicy enough. But it was very cheap, especially for the city.

I watched Glee this afternoon. It was excellent. Surprisingly racy, at times (read: gag reflex humor) but definitely mandatory for anyone who knows what solfege is. Check it out.

Then I baked some cookies because I was bored/hungry. Does anybody else eat out of sheer boredom? I've come up for a word to describe this experience:

Hunngrui (hŭng-grē') a fleeting sense of malnourishment due to general disinterest or boredom [from English hunger and French ennui]

Can I get an amen?

Tomorrow will be more interesting. I'm helping a friend move into her new house in Jersey in the morning/afternoon, then tomorrow night I'm going to another friend's party in Queens. And I'll eat less bored-calories than I ate today.

That will be the new mission.

1 comment:

QCait said...

Love the blog. So you. :)


Heading to the store immediately to pick up V8 Splash Tropical Blend.

Post a Comment